The Global Interfaith Network for People of All Sexes, Sexual Orientations, Gender Identities and Expressions (GIN-SSOGIE) is a global facilitating and convening organization that provides our members and partners the information, networks, collaborative work opportunities, and structures to accomplish strategic, necessary, and meaningful gains for the LGBTI movement through the use of faith-based strategies.
We offer a contract position for a Finance and Administration Officer.
• To monitor, report and check compliance with donor guidelines
• To provide bookkeeping and accounting services
• To provide other ancillary administration duties as required from time to time
• Monitor expenditure and financial protocols of grants.
• Preparing financial reports according to the requirements of private and institutional donors.
• Ensure report and project documentation accuracy.
• Preparation of budget amendments/variations for donor approval.
• Relationship building with all stakeholders
• Prepare books of accounts for GIN and to ensure that all supporting documentation, reconciliations and payments are timely and properly processed.
• Ensure that all banking and taxation requirements of GIN are fulfilled in line with the Finance Procedures Manual of GIN.
• Prepare for and participate in the annual audit.
• Developing the annual budget for GIN in consultation with the Executive Director and Programme Managers.
• General bookkeeping
• Payroll management
• Variance management
• Variance reporting
• NGO experience, particularly in financial management of donor grants and budgeting.
• Associate Membership of one of the following organisations or similar preferred:
SAICA – The South African Institute of Chartered Accountants www.saica.co.za, SAIPA – South African Institute of Professional Accountants www.saipa.co.za, SAIBA – South African Institute of Business Accountants www.saiba.org.za
• A financial qualification is critical.
• Working knowledge of Xero would be an advantage
• Right to work in the Republic of South Africa
• Experience in working within the LGBT community
• Driver’s License
• Salary is negotiable and depends on experience.
Forward a cover letter, your CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 May 2017.
The organisation will not be able to cover transport for interviews or relocation costs.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. GIN maintains the right not to make an appointment.