Vision, mission and objectives
To create a Global Interfaith LGBTI Network
A just world in which the dignity, faith, spirituality, and human rights of persons of all sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions are honoured, supported and protected.
GIN-SSOGIE comprises individuals and organisations engaged with faith and spirituality. We are committed to using our beliefs and traditions to ensure that the views, values and rights of people of all sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions are recognised, respected, and valued.
In the belief that all faiths are inherently inclusive of people of all sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions (SSOGIE), GIN-SSOGIE will: – Create safe spaces for people of faith of all SSOGIE to come together, in physical and other fora, to
- heal the experienced separation between faith identities and SSOGIE
- develop and share knowledge, resources and best practices
- strengthen the voice of people of all SSOGIE within their religious communities.
– Assist members in engaging in dialogue with religious leaders and communities to become active voices in advocating for acknowledging the dignity, equality, justice and human rights of people of all SSOGIE.
– Collaborate with faith-based and secular organisations and individuals for whom faith and spirituality are positive forces for advocating for and acknowledging the dignity, equality, justice and human rights of people of all SSOGIE in local, national, regional and international fora, as needed.
– Provide, as far as possible, opportunities for building capacity and resources needed at the local, national, regional and international level (e.g. educational projects, skills building and leadership development)
– Develop and implement communication strategies to amplify and expand faith-based advocate voices on SSOGIE issues.